2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2/3 cup picante sauce
1/3 cup green onion slices
1/4 to 1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp salt
8 flour tortillas
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese
Combine cooked chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, oregano and salt in saucepan; simmer 5 minutes or until most of the liquid had evaporated.
Brush one side of the tortilla with butter. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto center of un-buttered side; top with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold ends down.
Place seam side down in 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 475 degrees about 13 minutes or until crisp. Top with desired toppings; guacamole, cilantro, picante sauce and sour cream.
Tip: I used medium picante sauce and that was to hot. Next time I will use mild. Also, I would double the chicken if you like alot of chicken. It seemed like 2 1/2 cups was not enough. I also added Cafe' Rio Rice (see Cafe' Rio Rice listed under "sides") inside of the chimichangas before cooking.
14 years ago
1 comments:
Erin, I made these and they were so good. We are having them again tonight. Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment